Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Maxysis on Jaguar..

4185 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-09 03:50:13

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-06-05 04:31:16
     Hello guys I wanted to update everybody on the unit. OK I used Maxysis on 2004 x350,2005 s type 4.2...The unit is fair on these car models and years..reads and clears codes,epb service,live data,cranks signals etc,fuel pressure,the usual stuff.It scanned the subsystems etc.Next we have the X351 models 2011 XJ, now it does much more,keys,live data,and restting the car values to relearn mode,plus displayed module programming,but ofcourse thats not available yet.Also it allows reset for service,height calibration, and dealership setting and several other modules.The codes that are read are as identical as the OEM SDD tool. The Maxysis will tell you  to carry out pinpoint test with sdd for further assistance when you open the code detail query  . The 2010-2007 xk models it does pretty darn good,resetting all modules on both CAN BUS lines.Allow you to read the actual oil level from the maxysis screen and shows the vehicle live cluster on the Maxysis in real time...NOW THAT WAS COOL..Also has resetting parameters, live data,module programming,does epc,calibration for headlights, and much more.The data was dead on point when I compared the SDD to the Maxysis because I was looking for accuracy of data as compared to OEM. Guys I am gonna say it again, we have a gem of a scanner...I really have more confidence in this platform..I will check later for more capacity and update the forum.It also does battery registration for the required models,and brake bleeding service....I cant remember if I saw steering angle sensor calibration,but I will update you all later. Until next time happy wrenching, The most impressive thing is speed guys ,by the time my tough book booted my maxysis was done!

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-06-05 17:02:31 (Reply to:912guy)

Thanks for the update, great to know the Jag line up is that well supported. Now if they only would consider as well a support on the much more used car lines like Peugeot, Opel, etc. (yes, we like to work on Jag's better too, but most customers own a little more cheap car).

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-06-05 18:58:40 (Reply to:Matronix)
     Here in the states we do not have Opels and Peugots..but yes I understand...I hope all lines get better and I feel in due time they will. I remember when I got my ds708 it was useless on Jags,,,, and the lastest software for Jaguar has made leaps and bonds.but we need some module coding and programming functions still... but it really has improved..I do think Autel makes a effort to listen to us and our needs better than any other manufacturer..Try emailing OTC,SNAP ON,or Launch and I can promise you it will fall on dead ears..lol..support does make a active stance to forward our concerns to engineers...

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-06-06 09:51:32 (Reply to:912guy)

yes your right. from experience dealing with autel in the past 5 years or so they have improved our tools immensely. they do listen to our needs. they have released and fixed just about everything others and I have asked for and continues to improve everyday  with a great potential for much more.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-06-07 05:12:22 (Reply to:ede65)
    Ede65 yes this is why I say the good outweighs the bad on so many levels. I am happy
    with my platform and I can say it has paid for itself many times.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-06-07 09:45:05 (Reply to:912guy)

Even though the MaxiSys still has a long way to go for the European market, it is already way better than most other systems. More importantly, indeed the techs are listening and updates are rolling in quite fast. Problem for us is the amount of brands and carlines within those brands. Only Bosch seems to do exceed on Autel on some levels, but Autel already leaps forward on others.

I think the constant providing of data and situations towards Autel does really help them and I certainly hope that others in this region are working on this like I know some of us do; opening issues and providing data that is relevant (I tend to send screenshots, etc. with the complaint).

If only Autel would update the 'your issue' with European carlines so we have better ways to provide info more specific....

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-06-07 09:48:52 (Reply to:912guy)

"Here in the states we do not have Opels and Peugots"

Lucky you :)  Sorry to say for fans of French cars, most mechanics overhere almost 'hate' them. Little engines, braking down all the time and no way to work on them unless you dismantle it partially. No consistent use of parts either (brake pads, you can end up with 3-5 sets being supplied as possibilities for one single car!).

Not to say all European (or even French) cars are bad, but US brands seem to be more robuust (like the German cars are).

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-06-07 10:44:26 (Reply to:Matronix)
    Maybe in due my friend...I have confidence...the more we help them with issues the
    quality will improve.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-06-07 10:45:30 (Reply to:Matronix)
    Maybe in due my friend...I have confidence...the more we help them with issues they
    quality will improve.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-06-07 12:53:36

I agree the users of the tool are the one to make the tool improve and best by reporting any problems they come a cross while using it..........

Total2 Pages